Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Weed/Plant identification.

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 7/6/08 19:59, in article

,
"Emrys Davies" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 7/6/08 18:57, in article

,
"Emrys Davies" wrote:

Would someone kindly identify this weed/plant for me.

It is about 18" tall, has leaves very similar to those of a

foxglove
and
at first sight it could easily be mistaken for a foxglove. Its

flowers
are almost identical to those of a Lithodora 'Heavenly Blue'.
http://tinyurl.com/5ganxe
It has woody roots which are fairly deep and clump forming and is

very
invasive, particularly by self seeding.

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

All I'm getting is a pic of Lithodora Heavenly Blue, Emrys.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

tweaking
to do!)

That is all I intended you to receive with that link so that you

have
some idea of what the flowers of the mystery plant are like.

Which link? There were several available pics there so I wonder how

anyone
is to know which to go to?

The link opened in an enlarged form and the photo. Lithodora Heavingly
Blue, which I had mentioned, was the centre piece and it has the words
Lithodora Heavingly Blue printed immediately beneath the photo. Sorry
about the confusion.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.