Old 06-04-2003, 07:44 PM

Default Court/HOA pounds lady over Wildscape

OK.. that is what I thought, but didnt want to say it. Somehow I remembered you were
really sick and had to make the move and were desperate about taking as many plants
with you as possible and desperate about getting them heeled in if not planted. but
then my memory is going too, so wasnt sure I remembered right. in the "covenants"
near my mothers it sure doesnt look like individuality in planting is allowed at all.
In the city built up around my mother fences are discouraged or mostly banned now.
So a 6' high x 8' long privacy fence is allowed when it comes off the corner of the
house on one side of a patio. fences on lot lines can only be wood 3' high and must
be 50% open. 6' high fences around swimming pools are only allowed to be 3' from the
side of the pool. Cannot put up any kind of fence that would keep either rabbits or
deer out of plantings ... and that includes veggie gardens! which is why there are
such limited plants used .. the place is overrun with rabbits and deer. Now these
are the new rules and apply to EVERYONE in the city, doesnt matter if they were here
100 or 50 or 25 or 1 year ago. Ingrid

animaux wrote:
The only reason we bought this house was out of desperation. This was the only
new house in all of the Austin area which was almost ready to move into.

Every year I give away more and more divisions of ornamental grasses and
perennials. This year I gave away 10 vitex trees which came up from seed and
pots and pots of grasses.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com