Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat D Kat is offline

Default Newbie: Goldfish pond requirements

I started my pond with feeder fish. Over the years the hardy have survived
and reproduced giving every kind of goldfish imaginable. The colors range
from gold - orange - Chinese red - black - white and mixtures of those
colors. I just assumed those feeder fish were common comet. Apparently
not.
Donna

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:30:56 EDT, wrote:

First question: Substrate or no Substrate?

No substrate. It will soon be covered in algae and crud.

Goldfish, look at wakins, shubunkins & sarassas, rather than just the
common comet. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us