Old 08-06-2008, 03:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Uncovered a rabbit nest iin my half-barrel planter

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:34:09 -0400, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

Humans are the dumbest animals on the planet. They're also the most
vicious, heinous, violent, and heartless.

http://oldpoetry.com/oauthor/show/Su%20Tung-po

Still I wonder what to do tomorrow
Wondering
Yet dinner is announced

No choice but to ingest

Bill

I don't eat any animals or eggs any more, either. Next to go is all
dairy. Not sure the relevance of your poem, but one of my favorites
is...

And Death Shall Have No Dominion
By Dylan Thomas

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;
And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,
And death shall have no dominion.

So kill away all human animals who have no hearts. It will all ripen
one day...

Speaking of global warming, and the little time that humanity
has left for its' conceits. The Senate put-off till next year
a bill to reduce green house gasses. The U.S. produces a quarter
of the worlds green houses. We HAVE to make HUGE changes in the
way we live, and our representative aren't giving us the leadership
to make that possible. They would rather play footsies with
lobbyists for campaign contributions and higher quarterly profits.
Are the sheep going to stand for this behavior?

We need leadership and we have pillagers.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/40156.html
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars