Old 08-06-2008, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Uncovered a rabbit nest iin my half-barrel planter

Jangchub said:

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:41:44 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

On Jun 7, 9:32 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:34:09 -0400, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

Humans are the dumbest animals on the planet. They're also the most
vicious, heinous, violent, and heartless.

http://oldpoetry.com/oauthor/show/Su%20Tung-po

Still I wonder what to do tomorrow
Wondering
Yet dinner is announced

No choice but to injest

Bill

I don't eat any animals or eggs any more, either. Next to go is all
dairy. Not sure the relevance of your poem, but one of my favorites
is...

If we're not supposed to eat them, why are they made of meat?

Chris

Humans are made of meat, do we eat humans, or apes, rats, cats, bats,
dogs? Some eat puppies I suppose somewhere in Asia. What is your
argument? I'm a vegetarian weaning off all animal food to vegan.
There is nothing wrong with that. I am the first to say one of the
most delicious things are lamb chops or prime rib. After seeing a
slaugherhouse while driving through Amarillo, TX I stopped eating
beef. I haven't eaten lamb in almost 40 years.

If humans weren't supposed to eat meat, then why do they have canine,
central, and lateral incisors? Were we supposed to be vegetarian, we would
have *only* molars. Humans are omnivores.

I always find it rather humorous when people play the "I saw a
slaughterhouse once..." card, to try and rationalize their point. Do you
think it was any more "humane" when prehistoric humanoids hunted their
food? Death to cattle in a slaughterhouse is much quicker than it was when
they were beat to death with a rock.

--

Eggs

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.