Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Weed/Plant identification.

In message , Russel Sprout
writes

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Would someone kindly identify this weed/plant for me.

It is about 18" tall, has leaves very similar to those of a foxglove and
at first sight it could easily be mistaken for a foxglove. Its flowers
are almost identical to those of a Lithodora 'Heavenly Blue'.
http://tinyurl.com/5ganxe
It has woody roots which are fairly deep and clump forming and is very
invasive, particularly by self seeding.

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

I'l have a guess at Borage.

http://www.rawrob.com/wp-content/upl.../04/borage.jpg

TinyURL is firewalled here, but I don't think that the description is of
Borage. Bugloss (Anchusa) or Alkanet (Pentaglottis) has flowers more
similar - at least superficially - to Lithodora than does Borage (Borago).

Why is Tiny URL firewalled and where is here ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com