Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Prominea Meadow Gold x citirna

Promeneas are one of those groups that the Aussies have in a wide array of
colors and speckles, while all I've been able to find here are yellows - not
that yours isn't nice I hasten to add, I'm attracted to the clear color,
too. I almost thought they were an Aussie native, there are so many hybrids
there, but nope. From south america iirc. I wonder why they never caught
on here. Probably just need someone to champion them in the judging system.

K Barrett

"tenman" wrote in message
news:6OCdnYRCrvsKZNTVnZ2dnUVZ_tLinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
The label says 'yellow - maroon spots'. Fortunately the seedlings were
in bloom when I bought them from Oak Hill and I got the one with no
spots on the sepals and petals, which was what drew me to it. I like the
pure canary yellow. It has finally bloomed for me after a couple years
of growth; seems to like the GH. I have five flowers open and am hoping
they last til our meeting in two weeks so I can share them with my
society members. Tiny plants, they have good-sized (1.75") flowers for
their height (3").