Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Growing kale in pots

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:40:04 -0700, RF wrote:

The prices they quoted you seem ridiculous.

You should be able to Pam. Thompson and Morgan
(based in UK since about 1850) sells them. They
have a US base too and that's where I bought mine
recently.

In US: http://www.tmseeds.com/ and
In UK: http://www.tmseeds.co.uk/

Thompson & Morgan (UK) Ltd
Poplar Lane
Ipswich
Suffolk
United Kingdom
IP8 3BU
Customer Ca +44 (0)1473 - 688 821
Switchboard: +44 (0)1473 - 695 200
Fax: +44 (0)1473 - 680 199
Email:
Web Page:
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk
Vat no: 637 8510 20 GB
Company Registration: 358372 England

The following is the US URL for the Kale:

http://www.tmseeds.com/search.html?sterm=kale&x=8&y=6

I have one packet: Kale, Black Tuscany, Cat code 40,
Seed Origin UK, Packed in UK. Average No. seeds 250.
Price was around $3.
The other one is Italian but packed in UK. It
looks the same as the
Tuscany, costs $2.49 and, according the the packet
info, it has an
average of 2,500 seeds!!!

Have fun :-)

Before I had thought of posting here, I was
thinking of replacing 1/2
of last years soil. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

I've just re-read your post and see that it is the Black Tuscany or
Cavolo Nero which you are recommending.
I already have those!!!
How about the Lacinato? Is it the same thing?

Pam in Bristol