Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

"~ jan" wrote

| Baskets lined with weed fabric

What is weed fabric?

| It would help us if you would explain what your plans are, advice differs
| for a koi pond, a goldfish pond, or a water garden with just small fish to
| eat mosquitos, etc. Size? Location? Power sources.... Depth? ~ jan

Small fish to eat mosquitos. I am mostly interested in cultivating frogs -
small green frogs - and providing amusement for local birds. It will be a
very small pond, definitely under 1k gallons. I am thinking of putting it in
the lowest part of the property and letting it collect rainwater.