Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Will mosquitofish survive with a partial pool cover?

"fpbear" wrote in message
Mosquitofish are taking care of a large pool at my mother's house in
Southern California (which she couldn't maintain anymore), and we are
thinking about putting a pool cover on a portion of it. Would the
mosquitofish still survive if we cover 90% of the pool? We would leave a
section open, of course, so that they could still feed a little bit.
Although I'm not sure if the cover would make the water too warm or
deprive the water with not enough sunlight or larvae food to sustain the
fish?

I don't understand how covering 90% will help anything. What work are you
trying to save by covering most of it?
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.