Old 09-06-2008, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Uncovered a rabbit nest iin my half-barrel planter

On Jun 8, 8:25 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:26:00 -0700 (PDT), Chris

wrote:
So by your explanation we should go to Africa and just shoot people
including orphaned children to AIDS to prevent them from starving to
death?

Nope. I happen to value human life more than animal life. Call me a
species chauvinist if you like, but I'll save a human life over a
different animal any time.

I value all life. I am against abortion, but pro choice. I don't
like murder, but I'm against the death penalty. I see life as life
and it's all important to me. Like I said, I have a different view
than you.

Well, not as far as anything you mention above.

I suppose I see things from different point of view. All I
said to the OP was to grow a heart in that garden of hers. I didn't
get all histrionic.

And in saying that, you are being really insulting. You had absolutely
no right to call Nelly heartless, especially given the tone of her
post. What I gave you was a perfectly rational, ecologically sound
answer. If you've ever seen real habitat degradation because of some
animal overpopulating, you might have a different attitude.

Chris

I had every right to call her heartless. I live in America. Last
time I looked I had free speech protection. Isn't that what our
illustrious ass of a president killing people for?

OK, put that way, sure. You're wrong and inconsiderate and rude and a
host of other pejorative adjectives, but sure, you have the right, I
guess. And no, Bush isn't killing for free speech. He's killing for a
lot of reasons, like oil, and his tiny penis, and the fact he hasn't
had a drink in 20 years- but not freedom.

I have seen overpopulated areas where animals suffer. One such place
is the pen where they hold cattle before they kill them.

You have, then, no idea what horrific habitat degradation is like. Try
the photo he

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/snow-goose-genetics.php

It's not just the particular species that suffers; it's whole
ecosystems.

I don't own
my property. I'm a steward of my property. Animals are life forms. I
plant extra for them.

Good for you. But your ethics are not universal, there's no reason for
them to be universal, and insulting someone who doesn't share them is
inappropriate, to say the least.

Chris