Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael michael is offline

Default Gardeners world

Like some of the comments recently,I too find Gardeners World very
poor these days.Whilst we wish Monty Don a speedy recovery,he has not
really been very good at presenting the programme.There is very little
in the programme now concerning how to garden successfully,and very
little knowledge is imparted.Carol Klein is hopeless,although some of
my friends seem to like her style.Her presenting style,like her own
garden seems a complete muddle,and no information content at all.The
only success story in the current programme is Alys Fowler,the head
gardener.She gives the impression,unlike the others,that she knows
what she is talking about,and transmits real information of help to
gardeners.As for Joe Swift,his exploits on his new allotment are an
affront to genuine allotment gardeners-he just doesn't know what he is
doing.
So who should be the new presenter of Gardeners World.Maybe Alys
Fowler,or perhaps the chap from the RHS who was on last Friday,seemed
really with it with his comparison between two RHS Gardens -he would
be good.What do people think?
Cheers,Michael