Old 09-06-2008, 12:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Will mosquitofish survive with a partial pool cover?

"fpbear" wrote in message
"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
I don't understand how covering 90% will help anything. What work are you
trying to save by covering most of it?

1. To make it look nicer (looking at a blue cover is nicer than brown
water).
2. To reduce evaporation (in this particular construction, pool must be
filled with water to prevent cracks).

Out of compassion for the fish, if the water is "brown" I would get rid of
them. It has to be stagnant and polluted if no care is being given
(maintained filters, aeration etc). Pardon my curiosity... but what kind of
construction is this pond that it would crack if dry?
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.