Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Patty Winter[_2_] Patty Winter[_2_] is offline

Default Confused about pruning azaleas and rhodies

In article ,
David E. Ross wrote:

In general, trees and woody shrubs that bloom only in the spring should
be pruned right after blooming. Of course, don't prune if fruit is
expected. And not every plant needs to be pruned, especially not
annually.

I prune my azaleas to renew them. This means pruning once every 3-4
years.

That makes me feel better, David. ;-) Perhaps I haven't been
neglecting the poor things as much as I thought. I'll prune
this year and see what happens. Even if things go wonky and
I don't get many flowers next year, 2010 should be great! :-)

Patty