Old 09-06-2008, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Blue Cedar tree is dying

If there anything I can do to save this beautiful tree?

It had been planted by previous owners right in front of the kitchen
window and they grow up to 30 to 40 feet so we had to move it. We
carefully transplanted it last autumn. The branches closest to the
ground have slowly turned dry-looking, then brown. We have lopped them
off in the hope that the tree may use all its energy to keep the top
going. But now I see that the very tip at the top is brown and the
brownness appears to be moving down that spike. It's nine months since
we move the tree into its new position. If it's dying it's a very slow
death. When I removed one of the lower branches recently I clearly saw
that the inner wood was moist. So it's been taking moisture in, for
sure.

Thanks,
Eddy.