Old 09-06-2008, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Wilson[_2_] Chris Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Recommendations for big diesel ride on mowers?

My old Iseki SG15 has done sterling service over 16 years, but is now
approaching the stage where further expense on it is probably uneconomic. I
need something DIESEL, minimum 48 inch cut, MUST collect the cuttings and
work well on damp grass, without the chute getting blocked up all the time.
The Iseki used a big, powerful engine driven fan to suck the grass from the
cutting deck and blow it up into the collector, and works well. I suspect I
will be limited to Japanese or Italian machines. I want a low hours used
machine, not a brand new one, what makes are out there these days that can
be recommended please? It needen't raise the cutting box, I drop cuttings
in woodland, so don't need to lift into a trailer or compost heap. My
maximum budget is 4000 UK pounds. Thanks.