Old 09-06-2008, 05:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Goldlexus[_2_] Goldlexus[_2_] is offline

Default KingFisher decoys?

We are about a mile from a major river which makes me wonder why this silly
bird wants
MY fish.
I guess a fake fish would be worth a try. Netting isn't an option due to how
our pond configured.
We have fishing line strung accross it isn't work much and the koi tunnel is
better than nothing at this point.
"kathy" wrote in message
I had success with a fake goldfish. Kingfisher dove in six
times trying to get that dratted fake fish. Almost felt sorry
for him. I think it all depends on the bird and the other available
food. Where I live, on the delta of one river that empties into
another major
river, there is a lot of food available.

k :-)