Old 09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Helen R Helen R is offline
Registered User

Location: York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H View Post
I am dressing my back lawn with the intentions of re seeding it.
So I want some grass seed which doesn't have rye grass in it, and is
suitable for hot dry conditions in summer (back is a sun trap), and cold
wet, maybe water logged in winter. Also some shaded areas as well.

I have taken what I hope is the required steps to avoid water logging
again by scarifying and forking the ground before dressing with 50/50
sharp sand and MPC.

Any recommendations on what type of see to buy?
I have googled for grass seed types but there is a whole host of
different types to choose from, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

Hi Bob

You need a fescue seed mix. If you look for a seed sold as a luxury/ornamental lawn seed mix or shade tolerant it will more than likely be 100% fescues. They are shade tolerant and deep rooting, so also drought tolerant.
Helen

http://www.rolawn.co.uk