Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Irrigating from High Water Table

"Vik Kasparian" wrote in message

Greeting from Southern California:
I am interested in extracting water from a water table that is
less than 15' deep. I know the depth of the water table as I recently
dug a trench to install a sewer pipe. There was so much water that we
needed to de-water the trench with a pump to install the line. We were
pumping approx 45 gallons per minute (or 170 liters/min)
I suppose that I can get the irrigation water the same way by
digging a trench filling it with rock and submersing a pump, but I am
not sure if this is really the best practice.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Google for "sand point".

Also, http://www.bradyproducts.com/documen...stallation.pdf