Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
z z is offline

Default Round Up clones any good?

On Jun 7, 5:44*pm, wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
last year for my soybean crop I purchased 2.5 gallon containers
of 41% Glyphosate for around $48.00 each. *this year the same
product at the same store was $92.95

http://www.agrisupply.com/glystar-or.../p/57379/cn/26...

Damn, d00d. I'm sure they're blaming the price of gasoline, no?

Ha!

It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being
used as a scapegoat for many products so they can
"gouge" us consumers!

in my piddly experience with corporations, i have come to the
following conclusions, which i call the dumpster effect:

pretty much every corporation is cooking the books, a little or a lot,
in order to keep stock prices up and keep the management salaries up.
pretty much every department of every corporation is cooking the
books, a little or a lot, to keep the management employed.
whenever some economic glitch comes along, no matter how trivial, it's
regarded as an opportunity to balance the books somehow, and saddle
that glitch with the under the counter deficit being concealed. so
that some minor product gets recalled by the FDA, and the next thing
you know the companies reporting a huge loss, which doesn't make
economic sense.
it's sort of like when you have a dumpster delivered to your house for
some project, and by the next morning it's magically full of all sorts
of items which you don't recognize at all.