Old 09-06-2008, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob H Bob H is offline

Default What grass seed for...

Bob H wrote:
I am dressing my back lawn with the intentions of re seeding it.
So I want some grass seed which doesn't have rye grass in it, and is
suitable for hot dry conditions in summer (back is a sun trap), and cold
wet, maybe water logged in winter. Also some shaded areas as well.

I have taken what I hope is the required steps to avoid water logging
again by scarifying and forking the ground before dressing with 50/50
sharp sand and MPC.

Any recommendations on what type of see to buy?
I have googled for grass seed types but there is a whole host of
different types to choose from, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

Ok it doesn't matter now because I asked a professional gardener, and I
have bought some which is suitable for the conditions specified.