Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Creosote Ties

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
m...
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I am looking for some old railroad ties. They have creosote treating on
them, but it is weak due to the age of the ties. Is this a problem when
using them to form raised beds?

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and

Perhaps your first sentence should have read "I am looking at some old
railroad ties", instead of "looking for".

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't use such near any garden for edibles.
That includes any rain runoff if nearby, with the railroad ties serving
some other purpose. I considered similar with some old utility poles.
After researching creosote, I bowed out using them anywhere near my garden
or mulch bed.
--
Dave

Perhaps your post should have read .......................................
oh, never mind.

Steve