Old 10-06-2008, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Killing frogs

My fathers father was English and my grandmother (Swiss) used to talk about the meals
she cooked for him... "put everything in a big pot, boil the hell out of it, bring it
to the table and hand out the grappling hooks."

now I lived in Canada a couple years and have developed an unrepentant love of roast
beef and Yorkshire pudding, butter tarts (which are Canadian, not English) and
trifle. sigh. I am trying to make the butter tarts like our cook did (I worked in a
home for disturbed children. we had a cook. just so nobody thinks I am la-de-da).

Ingrid

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:45:07 EDT, Gill Passman wrote:
"nutritional"....the mashed potato was sometimes suspect and the
cabbage/greens were certainly boiled for a good few hours before they
made the plate.