Old 06-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Sacha

Default Speaking of Hogs, when did you see your last hedgehog?

in article , Kay Easton at
wrote on 6/4/03 8:24 pm:

In article , Sacha
writes

You seem even more stick-y than we are. We're about 4 miles from Totnes
(which has a Safeway) and 2.5 from Ashburton and about 30 mins drive to
Newton Abbot. One thing that helps country-dwellers is to get co-ordinates
of your house's position and stick it to the telephone both up and
downstairs. Give that to any fire engine, ambulance station etc. It's
quite important to have that info. When I was originally house-hunting in
Devon, I looked at a house in Sampford Spiney and was told that there are
especially built fire engines and even ambulances for those particularly
narrow lanes.

You can have similar problems in older industrial cities - when a friend
had a fire, they had to wake the whole street to get them to move their
parked cars to allow the fire engine to get down the narrow road that
was originally intended for the coal merchant's delivery horse.

Yes. One size does not fit all and I use that in the broadest sense. What I
find so depressing is the idea that it should.
--
Sacha