Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Marquis Marquis is offline
Registered User

Location: Ipswich

Sound like your carb needs cleaning out. A compressor is the best tool for the job. You can also leave it in paraffin (kerosene) overnight (not the rubber seals though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave[_1_] View Post
I have a Craftsman mower with a 6.5 hp B&S motor.

It didn't want to start this season. It has good fresh fuel and I
tried a new plug.
When I pull the cord there is nothing. When I pulled the plug it was
wet so I assumed that was the problem. DIdn't help either.
I sprayed starting fluid and it fired and ran for a moment until the
spray went away. If it was electrical it would not have run. Since
it ran on the starter fluid, it must be the carb,,, right? I am
assuming that maybe a jet is plugged. Am I heading down he right
path?

Thanks
Regards,

Paul