Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Bummed - what the heck happened

Potted up a small container (coir lined basket actually) with a sun tolerant
coleus, a million bells and some zinnias (the colors worked) late last week.

They looked fine until Monday when the heat wave really hit - now they are
crisped to less than an inch of their lives. I figure they're a goner, but
the only thing different is I used some soil out of a potted hosta that I
was dividing instead of fresh....

Any thoughts - just succumbed to the heat so soon after transplant?

Thanks gang...