Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default KingFisher decoys?

"~ jan" wrote in message

I've use fake fish with success here. We are talking about the small thin
orange ones, about 5 inches long? I put a school of them in the pond in
the
spring, haven't lost a fish to a kingfisher (or heron) and I'm only 5
minutes from Kathy, and within walking distance of where 2 rivers
meet. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

===========================
Mine are (I still have them) two 5 or 6" rubber koi and a few rubber
goldfish (which I seem to have lost). I found them in a store down in
Atlanta when visiting my cousin. The birds smartened up pretty fast and
ignored them. There was no way in hell I would have netted these ponds if
something actually worked to keep the herons, kingfishers, large snakes and
bullfrogs and snapping turtles out of them. Nets are a real PIA but the only
way to have fish here.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.