Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Husky Husky is offline

Default Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower NEVER STARTS!

Take the Craftsman to an independent equipment shop and have them take a
look at it. It could also be a situation where you are doing something
wrong or not doing something that is required.

As for a Lawnboy, they don't really exist anymore. Lawnboy was bought by
Toro, the remaining models are more Toro than Lawnboy, and two-cycles
aren't allowed in the U.S. on wheeled equipment for pollution reasons
anymore.

p-nut wrote:
blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

This barely used mower has been repaired twice by Sears. It still
does not start. New fluids, air filter, spark plug.

Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I cannot imagine going back
to Sears again. My problem is that after paying for repairs, I
stupidly do not try it out within 30 days so the repairs may or may
not have ever been good enough, but I cannot imagine paying Sears a
third time.

(Meanwhile I ordered a hand mower via Amazon, not only to be "green"
but because I am sick of this machine that DOES NOT WORK.)

I'd cut my losses.
I've heard many a horror story about craftsman mowers.

I love and have never had problems with my lawnboys.
Highly recommend them.