Old 12-06-2008, 02:37 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuudge View Post
Hello all! Finally resorted to posting on a site with knowledge!

Im a avid 'visual' gardner but sadly know nothing about species and type so im looking for some advice!

We have just had our old shed removed and the patio replaced with a deck and a large raised bed. It has obviously exposed 1 side of the house to our neighbours over the road and we would like our privacy back. We have various shrubs , ferns and bamboo in place and ready to go but we are looking for a quick fix, a tree, preferably evergreen (no leylandi!) that can sit in amongst the shrubs.

Would be greatful for any recommendations? Love the tropical look of things like Albizia Julibrissin which somebody recommended but worried about its performance and screening abilities in the UK?

Cheers
Ben
Leylandii is the only "quick fix", but cupressus will do the job, if you want a conifer.

Holly is another possibility, or Viburnum rhytidophyllum, or Eleagnus ebbingei.