Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul L Paul L is offline

Default 2 stroke hedge cutter problem

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
I have a hedge cutter with a 2 stroke Kawasaki engine which starts but wont
run. It fires on the first pull, runs briefly then stops. If I remove the
spark plug the cylinder is flooded with fuel. I would like to fit new seals
and diaphragm to the carb, trouble is I can't find a stockist of parts.
Anyone know of one or have any other thoughts on fixing it?

Mike

Mike ... the most likely problem and easiest to address is
a dirty air filter. It's a good place to start ... sounds like
the fuel is firing but there is not enough air in the mix to
run.

cheers

Paul