Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Some Buddy Else[_2_] Some Buddy Else[_2_] is offline

Default Royal Empress Tree

wrote in message

Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade
and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google
and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice
on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

Try a tulip (yellow poplar) tree; they do very well here in southern part of
Richland County Ohio. They have a nice arrow shape that adapts well to the
yard by growing upward instead of sprawling out. We planted a whip about 4
feet tall back in 1997 that we dug out of our woods with no more than a
shovel full of dirt. It is now pushing 25 ft and the trunk is at least 6-8
inches in dia. at 4 ft and it is flowering for the first time this year.
They do have a rather large leaf and are currently in bloom. Much hardier
than all the wild cherry that snapped off in the Christmas ice storm a few
year back.

Fran-just someone else....