Old 12-06-2008, 04:18 PM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez[_2_] Victor Martinez[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of tomatoes

On Jun 11, 7:56 pm, jOhN wrote:
Anybody have a good anti-squirrel tip or two that doesn't involve
violence or death?

When we used to grow tomatoes we had some luck with wooden balls
painted red to look like tomatoes, though now that I think about it,
those fooled the birds better than the squirrels. Since squirrels are
mammals, you could try blending a habanero pepper with lots of water
and spraying that on your plants. One bite and they won't come back.
Do remember to wash the tomatoes well and to use gloves when handling
the solutions.

Cheers.

Victor