Old 12-06-2008, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Nakamotoara #5 x3

Ten lashes with over cooked spaghetti for you!

Diana

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, Kathy. Sorry for the slip on the Vf which is very
important in understanding the shape of the flower as Diana pointed out.
Mea culpa. And I have Mtdm Bartley Schwarz 'Highland' AM/AOS in bloom
right now. Great flower!
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Virgil is actually Vf Virgil, vanda cristata and Neof falcata. It was
made by Bartley Schwartz of Highland Tropicals in Half Moon Bay down the
peninsula from San Fran. Bartley was the Bartley of Miltdm Bartley
Schwartz and who also made Masd Dean Haas as well as any number of great
hybrids. He really had a good eye for breeding and didn't just work in
one alliance. He passed away a few years ago, too early, and his
collection went into decline while the heirs decided what to do with
them. I'm pretty sure Dennis Olivas of D&D Flowers took over what didn't
die or get virused in the transition. I only mention this becasue I was
just talking about him with Dennis and we were commiserating over the
loss of his eye to the orchid breeding world. Bartley had talent.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Oh, that's nice. Luscious color. Looking at the shape of the lip, I
wonder if there's some cristata in that.

Diana

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
This is one of my selections from a compot of V Virgil '#2' X Asco
curvifolium I purchased probably about 10 years ago. The selection was
difficult but not for this one.
Gary