Old 13-06-2008, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Trimming rosemary

On 6/12/2008 12:55 PM, Persephone wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:11:58 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

[...]

When I cut the rosemary to use it in cooking, I generally remove an
entire small branch.

[...]

Curious why you do that, rather than just strip off the required
number of leaves.

Persephone

It's easier to rinse the branch while the leaves are still attached.
This is important since the rosemary is growing near an oak tree that is
often a bird toilet.

Also, there are many, many small branches. I generally cut a branch
just large enough to supply my needs for a given recipe. (For a recipe
using rosemary, garlic, and other herbs on a pork roast, see my
http://www.rossde.com/cooking/porkroast.html.)

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean