Old 13-06-2008, 04:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Fragrance 4: Bulbophyllum leysianum

The greenhouse was very fragrant today. I smell the Sharry Baby the
second I open the door. Fortunately it, the trichopilias, and the
various cattleyas are strong enough that I don't smell this one. It's
fragrance isn't really that strong, but is very pungently fecal. Hard to
equal for depth of color, this is the first 3" flower out of three to
open on this inflorescence out of the four inflorescences now maturing.
A lot to recommend a plant that tops out at 6" and is in a shallow 6"
plastic pot. I keep the bulbos up high for warmth and light and never
let them dry out.

Attached Thumbnails
Fragrance 4: Bulbophyllum leysianum-leysianum.jpg