Old 13-06-2008, 03:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Algae is GOOD!

Ponders of the world, STOP killing algae with those expensive UV lights
and stop the hard work of killing it. Harvest it and make money. We
all know that our ponds and pools are the world's best media for algae
right?

Well, in this morning's paper was a large article about a guy a 100 mi
west of me that is growing it commercially for bio-mass fuel, animal
feed, biodiesel and food oils. He claims that he raises it for $300/ton
for water, nutrients, and labor. He can sell it for $6-800/ton.

Whoo-ee, I bet I could get several tons a summer.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...= 68561&rfi=6

Chip