Old 13-06-2008, 01:01 PM
CactusPlaza CactusPlaza is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noconflicts View Post
Howdy.

I have managed to get hold of a few Pseudolithos seeds, and I don't
want to screw it up! Does anyone have any knowledge on the correct
soil mixture, temperature, light, water, etc. for germination?

I live in Southern California, and it rarely gets below freezing in my
area.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--steve clancy
Steve,
I am into Pseudolithos myself and i seem to have success with these gems from Somalia. I grow cacti and succulents in The Netherlands (Europe).
For Pseudolithos I use a mix of grit (1-3 mm) and riversand or coarsesand. 100% mineral. Make sure you seal the drainage holes because your soil will go out if its dry.
I germinate Pseudolithos migiurtinus seeds and other Pseudolithos seeds by lightly pressing them in the soil mix described above. Let the soil soak in warm water and lock the container in a plastic bag. Start pricking holes in the bag approximately two weeks after germination of the seeds.

Good luck!