Old 13-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Korleone Korleone is offline
Registered User

Lightbulb

The question wasn't specific to non-organic methods. It was about plant behaviour generally. If there was only one answer, you didn't have it.

Besides, I've figured it out. Plants are gluttons. They will eat all they can. They can't pick and choose, otherwise there would be no such thing as nute burn. Adjusting NPK ratios and/or ppm is necessary for a nutrient deficiency. Pretty obvious really, but I forgot about overdosing.

Fertilizing can be a difficult thing. You want to give your plants what they need in optimal doses but not too much of a good thing. There's no exact formula to it, but you should be aware of rough guidelines. Listening to the plants is one thing, but knowing how to push your plants to the top of their potential without pushing them over a cliff is another.

The same goes for raising children I suppose. Except you can't eat them(legally).