Old 13-06-2008, 11:01 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaria123 View Post
Hi Folks

Having lived with a building site garden for 3 years and all the attention spent on the house, we have just spent a large amount of money and physical exertion doing our gardens with borders, decora.tive stones, decking, huge pots, and large plants and trees.....you name it

Since we have just completed this, I have noticed the whole garden is over run with 1000's of tiny bright red spiders. Barely viewable if you were standing up, but if you are close to the ground they are literally running everywhere.

I am worried that after all the effort and investment on plants, these little things will do damage? However they don't see to go near any of the plants that I can see, rather run about on the decking planks, and conrete paths etc. particularly in the dry warm weather.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Alan
I hate to suggest this, but are they red spider mites? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_mites