Old 13-06-2008, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default VE

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:52:08 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:27:09 -0700, Billy
wrote:

Caught in Cartesian dualism are ye? Good luck. You gave the rocks a good
chuckle though, good on you ;o)

What does this mean?

this |?is|
pronoun ( pl. these |??z|)
1 used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being
indicated or experienced : is this your bag? | he soon knew that this
was not the place for him.
? used to introduce someone or something : this is the captain speaking
| listen to this.
? referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other,
if specified, being identified by "that") : this is different from that.
2 referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned : the
company was transformed, and Ward had played a vital role in bringing
this about.
adjective ( pl. these )
1 used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being
indicated or experienced : don't listen to this guy | these croissants
are delicious.
? referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other,
if specified, being identified by "that") : this one or that one?
2 referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned : there was
a court case resulting from this incident.
3 used with periods of time related to the present : I thought you were
busy all this week | how are you this morning?
? referring to a period of time that has just passed : I haven't left my
bed these three days.
4 informal used (chiefly in narrative) to refer to a person or thing
previously unspecified : I turned around, and there was this big mummy
standing next to us! | I've got this problem and I need help.
adverb [as submodifier ]
to the degree or extent indicated : they can't handle a job this big |
he's not used to this much attention.
PHRASES
this and that (or this, that, and the other) informal various
unspecified things : they stayed up chatting about this and that.
this here informal used to draw attention emphatically to someone or
something : I've slept in this here bed for forty years.
ORIGIN Old English , neuter of thes; related to that and the.

Or maybe the sound of one hand clapping?

Or maybe the arrogance of this or that?

Or maybe the frivolity of asking a member of the phyla Annelida
about the meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything. What
silliness would your ancestor of 10,000 years ago say? What may you
descendant 10,000 years from now say?

What do the shadows on the cave walls say to you? And who cares?

Euclid said that a dot has no dimensions. Connect two dots with a line
and you have one dimension. Move at a right angle to that line and you
have a plane in two dimensions. Move at a right angle to that plane
and you have a volume in three dimensions. Move at a right angle to tat
solid and you have a ? in four dimensions. Move at a right angle
to the ? and you have a ?? in five dimensions, ad infinitum.

Or as Alan Watts used to say when holding out a round metal trash
can,"What is this"? Then he would turn it over and drum on it and
ask,"What is this"? Then he would sit on it and ask "What is this"?

From the rocks and me, thanks for the giggle;o)

For the life of me I'll never understand why people have this thing
where they spend far more time wasted on useless shit than time spent
on making some useful addition of human value.

I don't know how to spend time taliking in circles, which it seems
you've mastered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks-LmHAGouQ
--

Billy