Old 14-06-2008, 01:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Avocado question

Anne Chambers wrote:
Bill wrote:
In article ,
Anne Chambers wrote:

avocado

Anne may be of interest.
http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/avocado.html

Thanks - doesn't really tell me when to pick them though.

We used to harvest around March/April on the Sunshine Coast QLD, so
presumably it'd be at least couple of months later for your area.

I'd try one now and see what you have.
Trial and error is the only way, aside from having an avo analysed for
it's oil content (which is what we used to do - a small commercial avo
farm) which naturally still means picking one

Apart from that - the longer they stay on the tree, the better as far as
the existing fruit is concerned.
I used to have my own private stash of avos on the trees even into late
November/December... and they were very yum indeed, very high in oil.