Old 13-06-2008, 11:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Speaking of tomatoes

Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
My garden is just starting to get ripe slicing size tomatoes and it turns
out we get to share them with the 4 young squirrels we thought were so
cute just yesterday.

We got half of three tomatoes and the squirrels got the other half :-(

They were tasty though.....the tomatoes, not the squirrels.

Anybody have a good anti-squirrel tip or two that doesn't involve violence
or death?

jOhN

The squirrels ate four of my seven tomato plants. I came home yesterday and
the plants were just shredded.

I just ordered a water scarecrow that uses a motion detector to aim and
trigger its water spray to chase away the critters. It will be here
Monday - got great reviews and I know a couple of people that use them
on deer to their satisfaction.

ps: another tomato chewed this morning