Old 14-06-2008, 07:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default oranges & when ripe

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:49:55 +0800, Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

14th June 08
Hi to all

I know this sounds a logical question, I have a orange tree that is laden
with fruit & my husband keeps picking the odd orange as they appear ready
but there not how will we know?

Taste as you are finding out.
You have to watch them closely.
With my navels, I wait until the navel starts to really open. with the
valenciasit is more no green on the end and looks wellcoloured.

Give it a fortnght between taste picks, but you can try anything that
falls off.

Caveat, some years you just get dud crops.