Old 14-06-2008, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Summerhouses!

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" said:
http://www.gilliesandmackay.com/

Based at Errol, in Perthshire, they built both my garden shed and
my summerhouse. I am thoroughly delighted with both.

I've been spending an hour or so in my little greenhouse recently,
"tending
the crops".

It's been so gentle that I've thought that when I don't grow anything any
more it would be a lovely summer house, conservatory, whatever.
Sheltered,
warm, enough room for a table and chairs ... I wonder if anyone else has
used a greenhouse like this?

Before I had my summerhouse built, I always had a table and a couple of
small folding chairs in the greenhouse. I loved to sit in there of a
summer
day, amid the smell of tomatoes growing...

Each morning, before I do anything else (well, apart from breakfast etc.) I
go to 'look at the plants'. I do this by sitting on a box while listening to
the solar/windup radio. I't hard work, one needs to be sitting down ...

The idea of sitting among the ripening tomatoes is even better, not that I'm
thinking of eating them off the plant, oh no ...

Mary

--
AnneJ