Old 14-06-2008, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Rose ID

By imagining the pic to be of a deep, velvety crimson flower together
with the size of the flower in relation to what is presumably your
hand, it reminds me of the climbing form of 'Ena Harkness' just before
it opens completely. That said it's been a good many years since I
last saw that variety, but it sprang to mind as soon as I saw the
pic . There aren't that many very full-petalled, deep crimson
climbers (excluding post-1980 varieties); most of them being closer to
semi-double or 'loose-petalled' such as 'Crimson Glory'. Need to see
the foliage to be sure.