Old 14-06-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Summerhouses!

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:05:24 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" said:
http://www.gilliesandmackay.com/

Based at Errol, in Perthshire, they built both my garden shed and
my summerhouse. I am thoroughly delighted with both.

I've been spending an hour or so in my little greenhouse recently,
"tending
the crops".

It's been so gentle that I've thought that when I don't grow anything any
more it would be a lovely summer house, conservatory, whatever.
Sheltered,
warm, enough room for a table and chairs ... I wonder if anyone else has
used a greenhouse like this?

Before I had my summerhouse built, I always had a table and a couple of
small folding chairs in the greenhouse. I loved to sit in there of a
summer
day, amid the smell of tomatoes growing...

Each morning, before I do anything else (well, apart from breakfast etc.) I
go to 'look at the plants'. I do this by sitting on a box while listening to
the solar/windup radio. I't hard work, one needs to be sitting down ...

Ah yes, what my husband calls "talking to my seeds". My first port of call
also :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening