Old 14-06-2008, 10:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond with water

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:24:04 EDT, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

fish, and if I get around to it, all the holes in the cinder blocks
will eventually have plants, and my fervent hope is that eventually
the plants can grow enough to hide many of my mistakes.

That will be the most interesting thing, which plants can handle being
surrounded by cement. I know Corsican mint doesn't seem to mind, but it is
a short ground cover. I bet some sort of ivy would fit the bill, doesn't it
grow on and in everything? Flamingo water celery (or parsley) also does
well in the blocks. Better in the blocks than the pots in the pond for me.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us