Old 06-04-2003, 11:44 PM
gary

Default ants v Amdro -- ants winning

Triazicide is supposed to be the "next generation" insecticide after
Diazinon. Said to be more effective, more environmentally friendly, and
won't kill earthworms. (Home Depot) No doubt a long way from
environmentally perfect but sure kills the hell out of fire ants. Make a
little dent in the top of the mound and put some in there, then some more
all over the mound, then sprinkle a little around it. Water it all in
thoroughly. Enjoy watching your fire ants take their final swim.
gary

"Wayfarer" wrote in message
y.com...
I have a huge mound -- almost knee high about 15 to 18 inches next to my
garden -- I have tried Amdro and it did not seem to have any effect --

these
guys are mean -- I've fought with them before - gotta wear boots in the
summer to safty walk in the garden and gloves are a good idea to reach

down
and pick something like squash. "Seven" dust works for awhile but

obviously
isn't getting rid of the colony.

HELP PLEASE!!

--
Marta
(if you email me directly you need to remove the X )