Old 14-06-2008, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Can anyone ID

On Jun 14, 7:07*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 14/6/08 17:59, in article , "Tony"

wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. ..
On 14/6/08 17:46, in article ,
"Tony"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. ..
On 14/6/08 13:46, in article ,
"Tony"
wrote:

Saw a climber , It had very large heart shaped leaves
it wasn't flowering so have no idea what colour they would be .
would like to get one so any help would be appreciated
Many thanks

Ivy, Rhodochiton atrosanguineum, Actinidia kolomikta, Ipomoea learii,
Passiflora lligularis...................

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Have googled all these , and its not any of them . * The one I saw was
very very larged leaves compared to them .and the leaves were a shiney,
rubbery feel and looked just like a heart shape
I know with out any pictures or concrete information it may be hard to
ID
Thanks

But if you could tell us where you saw it and whether it was in a garden,
greenhouse, conservatory or living room, it would give us a start!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online but not completed - shop to come and some mild
tweaking
to do!)

It was growing all over a garage at the back of somones house , I had
never seen leafs so large on a climber . Big as a dinner plate

Leafs reminded me of a rubber plants leafs with out the cut outs

Rubber plants leaves don't have cut outs. I think you're thinking of the
Swiss cheese plant, Monstera deliciosa. *I also think that you may have seen
a Magnolia delavayi growing against a wall. *I can't think of a climber with
truly huge leaves outdoors in UK though I'm sure someone else will, if there
is such a thing. *There is also Rhododendron macabeanum which has large
leaves but I wouldn't call those heart shaped. *I suppose you did see this
plant in UK?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online but not completed - shop to come and some mild tweaking
to do!)- Hide quoted text -

I cannot remember the name of it, but there is a scrambling climbing
thing that has heart shaped dinner plate (well maybe side plates :-)
size leaves that grows outdoors in UK. last time I saw it was in
Cambridge University botanic gardens (in Cambridge believe it or
not).

des