Old 14-06-2008, 09:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Coel pandurata

How right you are, Kathy. This plant was a piece off a plant that had
overgrown a 2' basket last year. This year, this piece is ready to hit the
edge of a 10" basket. Each year the blooms remind me why I put up with this
rat-race.
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"tenman" wrote in message
v_coerulea wrote:
A warm growing evergreen Coelogyne, this plant blooms as the new growth
staarts. The plant is a very large grower and can fairly quickly run
across the surface of a 10" pot. The fragrance is quite powerful,
reminescent of stanhopeas. Its a shame the the flowers last only a week
or 2 at the most.
Gary

Makes me think about getting one....I don't much care for coepogynes, but
thisone and Burfordiense make me think about it.

It can get to be a huge plant, Tennis. Be prepared, *G*!